Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Valentine's Day Story - Flashback and all!

Okay, so this morning when I get up hubby walks into the room with a bunch of daises (artificial thank goodness) and a sheepish grin on his face.

[insert flash back squiggles here]

Back in the early 90's before DH and I got together he worked on a BBS. That BBS was one of the several places I played "Legend of the Red Dragon" (LORD). Many days a week I would log on to go campaigning and get a pop up saying that I had been killed during the night. Somebody had broken into my room, a battle ensued and I had died.

What a way to start the day! So I would, inevitably, go see who had been rude enough to killed me as I slept... Well there was a battle so I guess I woke up!

Anytime it had been the man I am now married to who had done the deed of removing me from the earthly plane there was always a little note.

"I was just trying to bring you some daises."

[insert flash forward squiggles here]

So this morning. seeing that man-o-mine standing there, looking sheepish with his hand outstretched clutching a bunch of daises I was compelled to say...

"You broke into my room and KILLED ME again!"

We both giggled and it was a lovely moment, lots of hugs and kisses!

Huggles,

No comments: